Dec 12, 2007

Yoga Can Make You Mean, at least if you're Madonna

When Madonna comes from overseas we usually hear a few ridiculous stories about the material girl turned yoga-nazi and her tribulations in the country she once was worshiped in.


Today Page 6 is reporting that her Madgesty told a Saturday morning yoga class, I want you all to leave." Honestly, if I lived in NYC (the city that never sleeps) and woke up for early yoga class on one of my 2 days to sleep in, and then got kicked out by the Material Girl, I would be pretty mad. It would make for a good story over brunch, but I'd be mad.

Madonna went to the Reebok Sports Club in NYC early Saturday Morning (the same one I went to for a wall climbing lesson at the young age of 13, like any of you care...). It appeared as though she was planning to take a yoga class, but according to a member of the class,
"Madonna started talking to the instructor and he told her talking wasn't allowed, she replied, "I need to speak to you," and then said to the class, "I want you all to leave." The teacher left with all 25 students. Madonna remained in the room practicing and wouldn't leave when a 10:30 a.m. dance class was to start. Madonna's rep said, "That sounds unlikely." The club declined to comment.


When I first saw this, I thought she wanted a private lesson with the instructor. Apparently not since he left as well! I am sure there is more to this story. I mean really, how can someone who practices so much zen loving relaxing yoga be so catty and mean girl-esque. Don't worry New Yorkers, soon enough she will be back in England where her fake accent belongs!

No comments: