Nov 25, 2008
In order to burn all the calories, a 5'4 female weighing 130 lbs would need to go for a 6 hours and 40 minute long jog! Yuck. Got 4 minutes? Before you just in the shower, try our the "Worlds Fastest Workout," to get your metabolism going. You can burn up to 400 calories throughout the rest of the day.
Here are the rest of the best tips to surviving Thanksgiving without gaining weight:
* TIP #6: Pumpkin pie is your healthiest bet when it comes to dessert pies. Not an option? Use good judgement, drink lots of water to help fullness settle in and monitor potions.
This video talks more about shocking calorie counts for Thanksgiving dessert!
* TIP #7: Have a light breakfast with protein and whole grains like scrambled eggs, turkey bacon with a piece of Ezekial bread and some peanut butter (or jam if you're hungover. It will help you feel better I promise).
* TIP #8: Wear snug pants.
* TIP #9: Exercise in the morning, go for a walk before/after the main meal or play flag football with the guys. There are often
* TIP #10: Get moving by help cleaning up.
* TIP #11: Fill your plate first with the healthiest options. Add unhealthy side dishes like candied sweet potatoes last.
* TIP #12: Drink calorie free beverages.
* TIP #13: Plan ahead. Know what foods you never get to have and know you love, so you can splurge, eat lighter appetizers, and plan to have a light salad later if you're hungry again later.
A great way to use leftovers but stay healthy is to make this Thanksgiving left over Cobb Salad I've created:
Thanksgiving Leftover Cobb Salad
Hard Boiled (egg whites only)
Mix it all together and use a low fat dressing of your choice. The ingredients are obviously all subject to your own approval. Got an avocado? Throw some of that in there. Add some cheese if you want, a good addition is Roquefort. My pick for dressing is Ken's Honey Mustard spray salad dressing, but feel free to make your own or use a favorite.
For more info: Watch my video on YouTube to see the actual sizes of specific portions mentioned.
Nov 24, 2008
Did you know that this Thanksgiving, you're likely to consume over 4500 calories?! Here are some Thanksgiving diet tips to help you stay slim this holiday season and a reality check on how many calories are on that single plate!
Calorie Shocker: A 6 oz. serving of Roasted Turkey (Dark and White Meat, Untrimmed) has as much as 450 calories. A 1/2 cup of gravy will also add flavor, but almost 178 calories.
- TIP #1: Don't eat the Turkey skin, and stick to white meat.
- TIP #2: Use jarred gravy instead of the homemade kind.
Calorie Shocker: A half cup of cranberry sauce has 209 calories. Mashed potatoes made with whole milk and butter will add 238 calories per cup and homemade stuffing can total as many as 355 calories per cup.
- TIP #3: Moderation, ladies and gents. Use a smaller dinner plate and refuse to go up for seconds.
- TIP #4: Instead of heaping on piles of mashed and stuffing, put a single spoon full of each and keep moving. For cranberry jelly, limit to about a 1-1.5 inch thick slice.
Calorie Shocker: Now add the candied sweet potatoes for an extra 355 calories for 3/4 of a cup. Green Bean Casserole for 3/4 cup contains 165 calories, 3/4 cup of glazed carrots for 217 calories, one dinner roll with 1/2 pat of butter scores an additional 125 calories.
Calorie Shocker: Now add 2 glasses of wine, 240 calories. A slice of Pecan Pie sadly has 456 calories. Lastly if you like eggnog, you'll have to add 400 calories to cap it all off. Your grand total is 3401 Calories!
- TIP #5: Stick to wine if you must have alcohol. Have it with dinner, not before while you are snacking on appetizers. It will make impair your judgment for the main meal, and cause you to eat more than you would've liked.
Nov 21, 2008
Nov 17, 2008
Nov 14, 2008
Interest in dieting slims down - The Boston Globe
Posted using ShareThis
When it comes to dieting, Americans put on a good show, buying millions of diet books, watching TV programs about weight loss, obsessing over celebrities and their baby weight. But in the end, that may be all it is: a show. The number of people on a diet - 26 percent of all women in the United States and 16 percent of men for the year ending February 2008 - is the lowest it's been in more than two decades, according to a soon-to-be-released survey.
Nov 13, 2008
Nov 6, 2008
Don't settle when you don't have to Boston! I've been told UGrill has UBerry Yogurt which is similar to Pink Berry. Also there's a yummy place in Harvard that has a very similar tasting and offering as Pink Berry called Berry Line. I have been to Berry Line and it was awesome! I love Pink Berry so much, I go out of my way even in NYC to get it. I blog about it regularly and take photos of it like a tourist. See? Perez Hilton actually stole this pic from me, but I'm totally fine with it.
Speaking of food... yummmmm.
At this point, I have leather skin. Yes. Skin made of leather. I have confidence that is sky high however, thanks to my amazing fans. For this reason alone, a little Halloween poundage will not result in a video mouth off - no it wont. It will probably just force me to run that extra mile that I should probably be running anyway. Damn Holiday season, pass me a beer.
Also, thanks to the YouTubers as well for helping me realize I never would want to be famous and in the public spotlight.
Here is our Killer Home Arm Workout that is your savior to toning up you guns without the gym.
Nov 5, 2008
Nov 3, 2008
This series has not been easy but all of you have made the fitness portion of the challenge a success. Thank you for all your supportive and kind feedback. We're glad you had fun and hope you keep looking to our channel for inspiration and workout ideas.
Dumbbell Alternating Shoulder Presses x 30 reps (15 on each side)
Alternating Split Lunge Jumps x 20 reps (10 reps on each side)
Ball Pass Crunches x 12-20 Reps