Jan 30, 2008

Biggest Loser Diet: Do they eat? Plus Idol Weight Loss

The Biggest Loser loves to show us all the hard work the contestants put into their workouts, but how come we never really see them make breakfast, lunch or dinner? Who cares about soda? And the Diet Diva is on Idol watch so watch yo weight ya'll!

First I'll start with the least exciting as I have not written a good blog in quite some time. The tryouts on American Idol are in full swing! I don't really like to watch these segments when they air. I DO wish they would re-air them once the contestants have been whittled down to the top 8 or something. Recently Idol alumns have alleged that being a finalist on the show caused them to gain weight. I previously have said they all seem to slim down after they strike gold, landing their own record deal or win the actual show. Therefore, if you guys have Tivo or a DVR, I encourage you to tape the tryouts and then watch the finale. If the contestants have indeed gain weight, I will put aside my ego and admit that just because they got famous and learned what the pressures of Hollywoof were really like were not the only reasons they lost weight.


Ok NEXT, we have my beef with The Biggest Loser. I watch it so that I can blog about it, maybe steal some of their tips or fitness moves. But lately I have taken particular notice that we are constantly shown footage of them getting in that "last workout" and grunting and sweating and oh my gosh, "Is he gonna die?" I think I would kick ass as a Trainer. I would be just like Jillian. But, if they were my clients for our last chance before weigh in, I would probably give them diuretics, wear really warm clothing, and make them sweat alot! What?! It's a competition isn't it? I am TOTALLY KIDDING of course! But it does cross my mind why they are lifting weights before the final weight in because weights increase muscle mass which in turn weigh more than fat which would.... add pounds instead of lose them? Maybe? Am I throwing out all my credibility or did it already vanish? Whatever, clearly I'm not a trainer, I just do what mine tells me to do. The thing that annoys me about the show I've realized, is that only once in awhile they show you what the contestants are eating or how to prepare a similar meal. I had to read the book to find out their diet. It's smart and healthy, something people like you and I can do! However, working out 8 hours a day is not something you or I can do. Why do they show us footage of things we can't take away any tips from? Is this show meant to be watch by people who don't need any tips? Now I'm rambling. If anyone disagrees with me, please post a comment because it's on during the same time slot as American Idol, and I kind of watched both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto
a friend who had been conducting a little research on this.

And he in fact bought me dinner due to the fact that I stumbled upon it for him.
.. lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal!
! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this
matter here on your site.

my web page :: diets that work

medical device marketing said...

I value the blog.Thanks Again. Awesome.