Aug 8, 2007

LA's New Hot Spot: The Farmer's Market

Did you know that you can save money on fresh healthy produce and catch a random spotting of A-list celebrities? If you've planned a trip to Los Angeles recently, most of you (if you are like me) want to see at least ONE celebrity, right? Want to know where to catch these celebs during the day light without getting beat up like a paparazzi?

We see celebrities eating at glam restaurants like The Ivy on Robertson (which is where all the good shopping/paparazzi pics take place. But the rich and famous can't keep a slim figure by eating out every meal, right? To load up on healthy fresh produce, the celebs flock to farmers markets. Great prices, fresh delicious fruits and veggies, who wouldn't take advantage of these great deals? Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Marcia Cross, Naomi Watts and Adam Sandler have all been hitting LA's newest hot spot. I am pretty sure the one they all go to is at the corner of Fairfax and Third but there are also ones in Brentwood, Westwood and probably many other locations. Let me know if I'm wrong.


You can catch a new video of how to shop at a Farmers Market with Diet.com's newest featured weight loss challenger coming up so make sure to keep your eye out.


I have been to LA probably ten times. I even lived there for a month with my brother. I don't think I saw a single celebrity unexpectedly. I interned on the Warner Bros. lot so I saw my fair share there, but only this past February did I see T.R. Knight shopping while I was eating lunch at a restaurant that was chosen because I saw LC and Brody Jenner out on a date at the same restaurant/clothing/antique store during an episode of The Hills.

Also, despite looking like a skeleton, Courtney Love tells People Magazine that she has actually gained 10 pounds thanks to cupcakes! On her MySpace blog she wrote, ""ive put on 10 pounds (thank you Sprinkles cupcakes wic h i must admit are overrated)." The singer took a jab at herself during a recent concert by taking a sip of a protein shake saying, "I need to take care of my eating disorder," to then proceed to say, she did not have an eating disorder. Whatever... That body of hers has been to hell and back. In April, Love claimed to have shed 52 lbs. thanks to a diet of Isopure shakes, fish and vegetables.

Last but not least, Gwen Stefani admits to being neurotic about her weight. This is news? I thought we've always known this...

No comments: