Aug 27, 2007

Jessica Alba uses the Nintendo Wii to Work out

So what is the latest report on how Jessica Alba stays fit? Apparently the tabloids now want us to believe that the hot bod actress uses Nintendo Wii to stay in shape. This seems more like a product endorsement than factual journalism to me. We all know what happened to 'Skinny Bitch' the book after Victoria Beckham was spotted with a copy in hand.


The latest rumor is that Jessica shuns diets and personal trainers in favor of a Nintendo Wii workout. I am pretty sure she eats healthy and definetly has a personal trainer, but whatevs... Unlike most computer and video games, the Wii offers an actual physical workout. For example, a boxing game is said to burn around 560 calories per hour. One of my guy friends purchased a Wii this summer. One late saturday night they decided to play the Wii version of tennis. A couple hours later, they were drenched in sweat and had the time of their life (mixed in with a few curse words and friendly competitive arguments.)

"I just got the Wii and that's fun," says Alba. "I play all of the Wii Sports games, like bowling, tennis, and baseball. That's a lot of fun."

Nintendo Wii will be coming out with a new game called Wii Fit that will be like having an electronic personal trainer. Sign me up! I want a Wii. I have never been very successful using video games but I feel like I would be fantastic at the Wii. I'm way to competitive. I had a Sega Genesis back in the day. However, someone told me the secret code of Aladdin to win the entire game, and basically that was the end of my sega career. I never could master the Playstation. Lara Croft (Tomb Raiders) would just run in circles and into walls, to just get eaten by a wolf because I could not figure out how to master the controller.

Here is what Wikipedia says about Wii Fit:

Wii Fit will use a unique platform peripheral called the Wii Balance Board that can measure a user's body mass index and their center of gravity. The game will have about 40 different activities, including yoga poses, press ups, and other exercises. Furthermore, Wii Fit will allow its players to compare their fitness by using Wii Fit's own channel on the Wii Menu.
In a similar manner to the "Brain Age" calculated within Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!, Wii Fit will also track a user's "Wii Fitness Age".

The Wii Fit Board.

Here are the exercises that you will be able to do using the Wii as a workout:
Yoga exercises
Press ups
Step aerobics, including a game in which the player must step on and off the Wii Balance Board in rhythm to the background music[
Hitting on-coming soccer balls and avoiding other objects by leaning forward and back
A ball-rolling mini-game
Hula hooping
Ski jumping, whereby the player squats as low as possible, whilst maintaining his or her balance, and then quickly stands as fast as possible in order to gain a good jump.

Looks like Dance Dance Revolution has some new competition. Any one here have a Wii? I want one very bad... Hey Nintendo PR peeps if you're out there... if you send me one I'll make you a fun video of me looking ridiculous :)

No comments: